All models have a Rating that indicate how much damage they can sustain. Capital
Ships and terrain have a Structural. Squadrons have a Damage rating.
Anti-Squadron Attack results only use the Magnitude of the Result, not
the Value. Apply each result individually.
|[N]: No Result
||-1 Damage Rating
||-2 Damage Rating
Example: A Jovian Pathfinder Exo-Armor Squadron is under attack from a massive
Missile Attack from a CEGA Uller. The Uller rolls a [D2,T3], and the Pathfinders
fail to reduce the Uller's results with their Point Defense. The Pathfinders
suffer a total of 3 damage, and must mark off 3 total Damage rating.
Damage to squadrons is marked from right to left. models whose Damage rating is
reduced to zero are removed from the table as casualties. Exo-Armor and Fighter
models that suffer a [Q+] result are destroyed regardless of damage rating
Exo-Armor and Fighter models that only have small damage boxes remaining are
Crippled. A Crippled Squadron suffers the following penalties:
- Reduced to Fire Control: 1
- Cannot Boost,
- May only select from the following Special Actions:
- Repair (requires Repair Trait)
Capital Ship Damage
Both the Magnitude and the Value of the Result are relevant for
resolving Capital Ship damage.
- [N]: All unique dice results: The Attack has no effect.
- [D]: Each [D] set reduces a system by 1 rating. A system is either Defense,
Sensors, or Thrusters. Which system is damaged is determined by the Result
- [T]: -1 Structure rating. In addition note the value of the number of the set
and consult the critical damage table for additional critical damage effects.
- [Q+]: Resolve two [T] results, using the Value of the [Q+] result.
Example: A CEGA Wyvern targets a capital ship with its Mass Drivers. The
Wyvern’s Mass Driver has a AC:2 rating. The CEGA player rolls 2D6 for the attack
rolling [2, 2]. The [D2] results reduces the target’s point defense system
rating by 1, then the Wyvern may continue to attack with its AC missiles.
|[N]: No Result || No Effect
|[T]: Triple || -1 Structure, 1 Critical of Value
|[Q+]: Quad+ || -2 Structure, 2 Critical of Value
A model that is reduced to 0 Structure Rating is Crippled. A model cannot be
reduced to less than zero structure rating.
Systems Damage Effects
- When a system has zero rating remaining further hits to that system are
randomized to any remaining systems.
- A hit to a system that has been reduced to zero rating will cause the
hit to Escalate.
- Doubled value boxes are redundant system boxes which increase the
damage required to reduce the rating of a system.
- The current rating of a system is always the rightmost unmarked box.
- Defense - Damage to the Point Defense system reduces its effectiveness.
A ship 0 Defense rating may not support friendly Models that are the
target of Missile Attacks
- Sensors - Damage to Sensors reduces the effective range of weapons by 3"
per rating of Sensors lost. This only affects the Long Range of weapons.
- Thrusters - A ship may only turn as many times as its current Thrusters
- Most ships may turn only once, so having a Thrusters rating over 1
represents redundant thrusters.
- Ships with 0 Thrusters may only turn after passing a Skill check with a
Some Capital Ships have additional systems that can be damaged in addition to
hits to the Defense, Sensor, or Thruster damage.
- These additional systems generally come from Traits the ship has.
- System Traits are damaged by critical damage effects.
- Each critical damage effect reduces a System Trait raiting by one.
- A System Trait with a rating of zero may not be used.
- One rating of a System Traits may be Repaired on
a [D+] result.
- Weapons are damaged by critical damage effects.
- The damaged weapon is determined randomly.
- Damaged weapons may not be used to attack.
- Weapons may be Repaired on a [D+] result.
- Mark the weapon as damaged on the box provided on the data care.
- Marines can only be damaged by critical damage effects or attrition from
- Lost Marine ratings may not be Repaired
- Marine rating should be tracked by marking lost rating on the boxes provided.
- Speed may only be reduced by critical effects and represents engine damage.
- Engine damage may be Repaired with 1” of speed
rating returned with a successful [D] repair roll and 2” of speed rating
returned for each [T+] result.
When a Capital Ship is damaged by a [T] result refer to the table below to
determine the effect of the attack
||-1 Marine Rating
||Weapon or System Trait Hit
||Damage 1 Weapon (random) OR Damage 1 System Trait (attacker's choice)
||-1 Structure, -1 Marine Rating, Damage one System Trait (attacker's choice)
Crippled Capital Ships
When a Capital ship is Crippled (reduced to 0 Structural Rating) it is
Crippled. If a Crippled ship remains on the table, i.e. it is Adrift
not Dead or Exploded, it obeys the following rules:
- A Crippled ship counts as Destroyed for objective point purposes.
- A Crippled ship is reduced to Fire Control: 1.
- During its activation:
- Randomly choose a turn direction by rolling 1d6:
- 1-2: Port - The ship turns 45 degrees to port at the start of
- 3-4: Straight - The ship may not turn.
- 5-6: Starboard - The ship turns 45 degrees to starboard at
the start of its move.
- Move 2". You may not interrupt this move to attack or perform a Special
- Declare Attacks or Special Actions
- A Crippled ship may only take the following
Each Crippled ship rolls on the Catastrophic Damage table when:
- The ship loses its last Structure and enters the Crippled state for the first
- You start the Deployment Phase of a turn.
- The ship would lose another point of Structure (ships cannot be reduced below
Catastrophic Damage Table
Roll 1d6 + the number of Systems that have been reduced to 0 rating and consult
the appropriate line in the table below:
||The model is destroyed, remove it from the table and replace it with a 2" Wreck marker
||The model is destroyed, remove it from the table and resolve the effects of an Explosion as below
- All models within 3" of the exploding ship suffer an AC/AS attack
with Base Pool equal to the starting Structure rating of
the ship +1.
- All models within 3" + 1d6" suffer an AC/AS attack with Base Pool equal
to half of the ship's starting Structure Rating.
Example: An Uller Capital ship is reduced to 0 Structure rating and Crippled.
It has zero point defence and thrusters. The attacker rolls 1D6 and gets a .
Adding 2 for the system ratings at zero gives a result of 7 and a result of
"Dead". The Ullers owner removes it from the table and replaces it with a 2"
diameter Wreck marker.