Movement in the Jovian Wars game on the battlefield takes place in two
dimensions though players should respect that space is a three dimensional
space and there is ample room for models to pass by each other. In other
words, space is big. Unless the captain or pilot of a ship intends to crash
into another ship, they won't.
Capital Ship Movement
- Capital Ships Move by advancing directly forward up to their Speed
value, and can only turn by Changing Heading.
- Most Capital Ships may Change Heading once during a move by
turning up to 45 degrees to the port or starboard by pivoting on either the
front right or front left turning point of their base.
- A Capital Ship must have at least one Thrusters rating to expend per turn.
- A ship without any Thrusters rating may not turn!
- A ship that turns once must have at least one Thrusters rating.
- A ship that turns twice must have at least two Thrusters rating, and so on.
- A capital ship must move at least half its speed rating each time it moves
unless it used the Station Keeping Special Action.
- During normal movement, Capital Ships cannot end their movement touching
the base of another model, either friendly or enemy.
Exo-Armor and Fighter Movement
- Exo-Armor and Fighters may Move to their speed when they activate.
- They may trace any path whose length does not exceed their speed, and they
do not have any facing, i.e. they can make infinite turns during movement.
- During normal movment, Exo-Armor and Fighters may not end their movement
touch the base of another mode, either friendly or enemy.
- During normal movement, Exo-Armor and Fighters must end their movement at
least 1" away from Capital Ships.
In some cases, mandatory movement will result in a model ending its movement
with its base occupying the same space as that of another model's. The results
of Overlapping depends on the types of models involved. Players may not
intentionally cause overlapping except through Special Actions.
Capital Ship Overlapping
- The ship with the smaller base size is repositioned.
- If the ships are the same base size, the move ship is repositioned.
- Place the repositioned ship so that the back of its base is touching the
other ship and it remains in the same orientation.
- If an active ship would be repositioned because of overlapping it must stop,
and use all remaining Fire Control and make all special actions before
completing the overlapping movement.
Exo-Armor and Fighter Overlapping
- If a Squadron model would be overlapped by a Capital Ship, move the squadrons
the minimum distance required to maintain a 1" spacing from the Capital Ship.
- Squadrons may not be placed or end a movement within 1” of an enemy model
unless they are initiating a Dogfight action, Boarding, or entering a Hanger.
- Exo-Armor and Fighter Models may move through and past other Exo-Armor and