Jovian Wars is an alternating activation, pre-measure, d6-based,
Turns are made up three phases:
The Deployment and End phases are pretty straightforward, so we'll spend a
little extra time on the Activation Phase in this summary.
At the start of a Model's activation, you must first declare which
Action you intend to use, if any.
- Movement - Change position/facing
- Declare and Resolve an Attack - Expend Fire Control rating to fire its
weapons at legal targets.
- Perform one Action - Resolve the declared Action, e.g. a Squadron may
Boost for extra movement, etc.
You may Attack as many times as your Fire Control rating allows, but you may
only declare one Action an activation.
Attacks and Actions may be resolved before, after, or while interrupting
- Fleet - Your Fleet is the forces you bring to table to fight, and is
made up of Models.
- Models - These are the physical things you bought, glued together,
and eventually will paint. There are a few main types of models:
- Squadrons - Light, small spacecraft with small crews. Engines to go
fast and guns to blow stuff up. You'll see both traditional Fighter craft
as well as Exo-Armor suits which are humanoid exo-skeletons, i.e. mecha!
- Capital Ships - Anything bigger than a Squadron.
You'll also need Unit Cards, which have all the relevant information you'll
need for your Models.