Movement in the Jovian Wars game on the battlefield takes place in two
dimensions though players should respect that space is a three dimensional
space and there is ample room for models to pass by each other. In other
words, space is big. Unless the captain or pilot of a ship intends to crash
into another ship, they won't.
Capital Ship Movement
Capital Ships Move by advancing directly forward.
- Minimum Move Distance: Speed rating minus the current Thrusters
rating, unless the ships uses the Station Keep action.
- Maximum Move Distance: Speed rating plus the ship's current Thrusters
- During normal movement, Capital Ships cannot end their movement touching
the base of another model, either friendly or enemy.
Example: A Venusian Shan-Yu has a Speed of 6 and currently has a Thrusters
rating of , so it may move a minimum of 2" and a maximum of 10" during its
activation. If the Shan-Yu takes damage and has its Thrusters rating reduced to
2, it must now move at least 4" with a maximum move of 8".
Capital Ships may break up their forward movement with Turns to change the
direction of their movement.
- A turn may be taken at any point during a Capital Ship's movement, unless
the ship has the Sluggish trait.
- Each turn enables the ship to change its direction by up to 45 degrees.
- Minimum Number of Turns: A capital ship is not obligated to turn.
- Maximum Number of Turns: A capital ship may only turn a number of times equal
to its Turns rating or its current Thrusters rating, whichever is lower.
- If a Capital Ship has a Thrusters rating of 0, it may not turn unless it
first passes a Skill Test with a result of [D+].
Example: A Venusian Shan-Yu has a Turns rating of 1 and a Thrusters rating of 4,
so it may turn at any time during its movement up to 45 degrees until it has
been reduced to Thrusters 0.
- Exo-Armor and Fighters may Move a distance up to to their Speed rating
when they activate.
- They may trace any path whose length does not exceed their speed, and they
do not have any facing, i.e. they can make infinite turns during movement.
- During normal movement, Exo-Armor and Fighters may not end their movement
touching the base of another mode, either friendly or enemy.
In some cases, mandatory movement will result in a model ending its movement
with its base occupying the same space as that of another model's. The results
of Overlapping depends on the types of models involved. Players may not
intentionally cause overlapping except through Actions.
Capital Ship Overlapping
- The ship with the smaller base size is repositioned.
- If the ships are the same base size, the move ship is repositioned.
- Place the repositioned ship so that the back of its base is touching the
other ship and it remains in the same orientation.
- If an active ship would be repositioned because of overlapping it must stop,
and use all remaining Fire Control and make all Actions before completing
the overlapping movement.
- If a Squadron model would be overlapped by a Capital Ship, move the
squadrons the minimum distance required to break base to base contact with
the Capital Ship.
- Squadrons may not be placed or end a movement in base to base with an enemy
model unless they are initiating a Dogfight, Boarding, or Land action.
- Squadrons may move through and past other Squadrons.
If at any time a model would:
with any portion of its base of the game table or outside the play area, it is
immediately considered to be in the Withdrawn state and is removed from play.